Freelance Graphic Designer & PhotographerAug 2011 - Present
Specialising in branding, packaging, tradeshow design, photography, and all other marketing materials. Serving a multitude of U.S. and London-based clients to address their individual brand visions and promote their business growth.
Logos & Branding
Created unique logos to revitalize brand identities, promote innovation, and increase brand recognition. Integrated new logo with all accompanying marketing collateral. Utilized vector programs.
Red Owl Boutique | Urban Agriculture “Home Seed Home” | Kimberly Wahlberg Co. | A.A. Welding & Fabrication
| Hazel & Harmony
Developed product catalogues, often within very limited timelines. Employed InDesign template layouts. Incorporated original product photography. Focused attention on brand consistency and clear messaging.
- Able Hotel Media | Spring 2017, 16 pages.
- Kelim Jewelry | Fall 2016, 27 pages + Supplement | Fall 2015, 147 pages.
- Hazel & Harmony | Winter 2016, 12-pages. | Spring 2016, 12-pages.
- Urban Agriculture | Spring 2017, 16-pages. | Spring 2016, 12-pages.
Designed product packaging using complex typographic layouts for a wide variety of shapes, styles, and materials.
Formats included labels, tags, laser-etched wood, & printed fabrics.
- Urban Agriculture | Grow kit packaging and cocktail kit labels. Garden game rucksacks, boxes, and tags. Infused cocktail ice labels and boxes. Olive oil labels and boxes. Infused tea labels.
- Hazel & Harmony | Collection cards for #BeCentered, #BeEssential, #BeCharmed, #WeAreBrave, Collection cards for Luna & Glimmer. Choker necklace cards. H&H jewelry pouch.
Product Renderings & Presentations
Created realistic product renderings utilising 3D programs and Photoshop techniques. Produced detailed specs for mass production. Developed presentation boards and articulated product highlights.
- Hazel & Harmony | #WeAreBrave charm design rendering.
- Able Hotel Media | Screen rendering. Client presentation & video.
- Urban Agriculture | Cocktail ice and garden rendering. Trader Joe’s grow kit presentation. Bloomingdale’s cocktail kit presentation.
Website Design & Email Marketing
Developed customer email blasts, banners, and social media posts. Improved and maintained e-commerce websites. Liaised with web developers to design pages. Uploaded new product content and customized images. Simplified navigation and content to streamline user experience.
- Urban Agriculture | Oprah’s Favorite Things Campaign | Website development.
- Vasant Designs | NYNOW Tradeshow Campaign | JCK Tradeshow Campaign.
- Kelim Jewelry | InStore Chicago Campaign | JCK Jewelers’ Choice Awards Campaign.
- Kimberly Walhberg Co. | New Partnerships | Seasonal Promotions | Website development.
- Able Hotel Media | Website development.
Designed tradeshow banners and signage. Developed full-scale artwork utilising original lifestyle photography.
Dispatched print-ready files to printing facilities.
- Urban Agriculture | Atlanta Intl. Home & Gift (Second largest gift show in U.S.)
- Hazel & Harmony | NYNOW, 3 seasons (Largest tradeshow in U.S. Northeast)
Advertising & Promotional Materials
Developed printed & digital art for promotional purposes including magazine ads, POP signage, postcards, sell sheets, brochures, business cards, etc.
- Kimberly Wahlberg Co. | Vendor sell sheets | Vendor postcards | Business cards.
- Hazel & Harmony | Stone meaning POP signage | #BeCharmed POP signage. | Color Palettes Signage
- Urban Agriculture | POP signage Holiday Collection & Cocktail Kits
- Kelim Jewelry | Retail Jeweler Magazine Advertisements. Created quarterly. 23,000 distribution | INSTORE Magazine - SMART Jewelry Show. 22,000 distribution | Trifold brochure
Product & Lifestyle Photography
Photographed both isolated product images and lifestyle images. Created original compositions, layered studio lighting, and mass image editing.
Hazel & Harmony | Kelim Jewelry | Cloth/Curios | Able Hotel Media
Full-time Senior Graphic Designer & PhotographerMay 2013 - Aug 2016
Chavez for Charity is a give-back jewellery company based in New Jersey with over 3000 retailers nationwide and online direct sales.
Managed multiple, concurrent projects in different stages. Prioritised items daily to consistently meet deadlines. Trained, supervised and provided art direction to junior designer.
Designed and implemented new company logo and graphics motif to establish a recognisable brand for all marketing collateral.
Constructed comprehensive catalogues and packaging to launch new products and promote best-sellers twice annually. Gathered post-season feedback from national representatives to identify opportunities to increase sales.
Photographed product and lifestyle images for online and printed use. Composed quality imagery through jewellery positioning, lighting, and live model direction.
Created weekly email marketing campaigns through Mailchimp and social media.
Prepared print-ready ads for leading gift industry magazines such as Better Homes & Gardens, PRESENT Magazine, The Gift Book, and Gift Shop Magazine.
Rendered jewellery components using 3D programs and delivered specifications for custom fabrication. Includes the unique logo bead that adorns every product by Chavez for Charity.
Collaborated with copy-writers and product developers to establish messaging for each collection. Contributed mood boards, mechanical comps, and photography to creative process.
Competitively priced various printing companies to drive marketing costs down by 70% for key printed materials. Submitted & supervised all print orders, accepted delivery, and ensured quality control.
Designed full-scale, tradeshow exhibit artwork for 6 consecutive seasons at NYNow, Fine Line Las Vegas, Portico Collection Dallas, Seattle Gift Show, and Atlanta’s America’s Mart.
Contributed to company-wide efforts in raising over $1,000,000 for charities worldwide.